Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Hi fellow kniters,
A friend and I went to the Lansing Knitters Guild last night for the 1st time. Seems to be a good group, so we joined! Ran into Erin Jerick,a knitter and Scrapin Up dealer, there. One of those 6th degree of separation things! Hi Erin! I could really embarass her by saying that I've known her since before she was born as her mother and I have been friends for well over 30 years!
I am busy finishing up my moebieus cashmere cowl with the cashmere from Fleece Artist. The cast on is one of those " how did I grow 12 thumbs" kind of thing but the knitting is fast and easy. The pattern is free on Cat Bordhei's website but you need one of her books to do the cast on-it resembles a provisional cast on.
I also ordered from DreamWeavers.com(God, someone stop me) some Tilli Tomas beaded yarn to make a magKnit necklace as a Christmas gift. I really wanted the silk with the Swarovski crystals but it was $120.00 a skein so I passed and bought the Rockstar silk with beads at $38.00 a skein. I am sure I can get several out of a skein. When Erin,0r someone with patience, teaches me to post pictures, I will.
My lace scarf for Sharon's class at Rae's is coming along beautifully(knock on wood), and it seems to be easier as I get the hang of the patterns.
Now, back to knitting and chili making.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home