Monday, June 18, 2007

Hello Knitters,
Is this hot weather killing you?? My husband and I are at odds because he hates Air Conditioning and ,while it is not my favorite thing, I absolutely NEED it on days like this. I can't take the heat anymore-I get a tad grouchy and while I try to explain that (like PMS) this state will subside when my house cools to 70 degrees F.
It has not slowed the knitting. I have a Tulip Cardigan almost finished(original version) and a baby bunting out of Malabrigo about 1/2 done. Going to swimming class with a 7 year old each day allows for lots of knitting time. Caitlin's sweater coat (Malabrigo Chunky) is blocking and I am awaitning some Rowan cotton to make a cute little sweater from a Mother/Child book by Rowan(actually RYC) for one of the babies due in my circle soon.
Caitlin's yarn for her Polkadot Circle coat has arrived. I am anxious to start it and I bought some more Bamboo from the Yarn Garden to make a summer top for Amanda-who can wear it til December in South Carolina.
On a non knitting note-go see Waitress with a girlfriend-it's a hoot and while I have mentioned it before , it is worth mentioning again.
My reading these days is Nurse Matilda(Nanny McPhee was the movie made from this book) and Junie B. Jones books. Great way to bond with a 7 year old girl. Movies are "High School Musical" (for this one you need insulin) and The Princess Diaries , Home Alone 2 and Jump.
TV(I did get to watch "Resue Me" with Denis Leary on Wed. night) is mainly Hannah Montana.
Loving it though!!!!!!!!
If you haven't seen the Tulip Cardigan go to the Yarn Harlot's blog. It's a cutie. Threadbear has kits in many colorways and Lettuce Knit in Toronto also is doing kits. They take telephone orders.
And , check out the Yarn Garden. I can't believe the changes already. We are so lucky to have so many LYS in the area. Robin's (Rae's dog) brother is also at the Yarn Garden. Noro is his name. Isn't it a small world.??
Sloppy Joes for dinner and a night of knitting-intersperced with UNO. What a life I lead!!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'll have even more fun with young adult lit when your 7 yr. old gets older. The heat doesn't slow me down either...I'll be starting an alpaca poncho project before the summer is over. Keep having fun.

6:34 AM  
Blogger Knitting Bandit said...

DOn't forget Beverly Cleary for your 7 year old. I just got my niece a set of Ramona books for her 7th birthday. Great fun! I have never been to the Yarn Garden. That's almost a crime when I only live 30 minutes away. (I take that back I've been twice--it was closed) I'm going to try again SOON!

7:24 AM  
Blogger KnitterBunny said...

Hi, Pat! I'm planning a meet up details on my blog soon. Hope you can make it!

11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home