Wednesday, June 27, 2007

It was a sad day yesterday at our house. Spike the wonder shihtzu passed on to doggy heaven about 12:30 in the afternoon. He had had a bad weekend-wouldn't move,eat, go out etc. so I knew it was not good. The vet said a massive infection was taking over his body. We had been fighting skin infections issues since January. While most of his bloodwork was good ,his white cell count was skyrocketing. She said he might have just an infection-(old dog something or other, who listens when your heart is breaking?) or even a cancer, probably luekemia ifi anything. So I made the horrible (but she said right) desicion to have him put to sleep. Caitlin and I spent some time with him and he was given a tranqulizer to calm his fears. I asked for one too but apparently vets don't have people pills on hand-I thought a horse tranquilizer would do fine-she disagreed. In a moment of child wisdom, Caitlin told Spike that now he would go to doggy heaven and meet up with past pets and Greatpapa DeLeeuw and he could be up his butt for awhile . The running joke was that Spike went everywhere I did and could be found, if missing, up my butt. Leave it to a child to bring some smiles to bad day!
Baby bunting done. Need more of 1 color to finish the Tulip Cardigan. More on knitting next time.
I'm going to miss my buddy.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry, Pat.

6:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Pat - I am so sorry to hear about your loss - pets are the closest thing to God (just spell it backwards). You are in my thoughts and everyone here fur and flesh at casa reddog.

7:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pat, I'm so sorry.

5:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pat, How sad! I'm so sorry about your dog. It's terribly hard losing a pet.

9:55 AM  
Blogger tracy_a said...

Hi, Pat -I'm so sorry about your pup!

1:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Se você quiser linkar meu blog no seu eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. (If you speak English can see the version in English of the Camiseta Personalizada. If he will be possible add my blog in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).

3:43 AM  
Blogger Knitting Bandit said...

So sad to lose a pet. My boys lost the dog they've grown up with unexpectedly last week It's a tougher thing than some people expect. Take Care.

6:58 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

Sorry about this form of communication, but I can't find an e-mail address for you. LOL

Brenda C (it's important to use the C) is at Personal Image, just east of Frandor (behind the National City branch on Michigan), in the same shopping center where Burlington used to be. She's AWESOME!

6:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home