Sunday, October 22, 2006

Well, the weekend started out with me in a small snit. Many of my knitting friends headed up the Grand Hotel at Macinaw Island and I couldn't go because I had Pippen tickets with non knitter friends and felt I had to do the right thing and not take the better offer. Being a grown up can really suck.
Pippen was good-not one of my all time favorites but not my least either and the company was good and I did have a great time but the thoughts of yarn shops I was missing still danced in my head. Is it "grown up " to wish that the knitters found nothing to buy???
But today was fun. I went to Erin Jerick's house and made several cute cards and items from Stampin'up. She has more of these workshops coming up and if you would like info e-mail her at erinjerick@hotmail.com or it may be ejerick@hotmail.com.
I also found some things I can't live without in her catalog and ordered 1/10th of them!!! She lives outside of Charlotte.
I also have my Christmas present from my first (and only so far) husband picked out from the TilliThomas site- a really beautiful cable sweater kit that includes a yarn with beads embedded it for the cables. It is very expensive(although one of her other beaded yarns is 120.00 a skein if you can believe it) so it will have to be a Christmas present. I ordered a purse kit(grommet purse) which also has beaded yarn-it may be a present for someone or I may love it too much to give away. Selfish I know-but we can't be grown up all the time!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home