Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Good news-Bad news. Bad-Caitlin flew home this am. She was actually in South Carolina(well, Savannah, Ga.) before we made it home from the airport! 2 hours away by plane, yet it seems like the other side of the world. Good News- We had a great time while she was here and did so many fun things. She did 2 sessions of swimming lessons and at age 7 is already loving the diving board. She took the train to Chicago to American Girl and other sites. She took horseback riding lessons and is hooked(Paybacks are hell Amanda!!). She took a crafting class, we sewed and knit. We went to a lugnuts game and she got to dance on the big screen with her cousin Carsen 3(yes, 3) times. She swam in the pond when we didn't go to the pool, she went to the fair with friends(thank you-I hate fairs). We watched movies at home and the theater(yeah for Hairspray) and read most of Nurse Matilda(the original Nanny MacPhee) and some Junie B. Jones books. She rode the ranger and even drove, she feed the fish and caught some, the list goes on and on. Now I have the rest of the summer to myself-but the house is quiet as a tomb without the Blond Bombshell.
Can't wait for Christmas!!!!!!!!!
I have been doing some knitting in the lulls. The Tulip cardigan is finished and another is taking shape. 2 more baby kimonos are ready -with some help from Sarah,my Dad's vest collar is almost done(thanks, Sarah for interpreting EZ and Meg) and a baby surprize sweater is almost done. I took Lynn's Turkish Sock class and learned a new toe up cast on. And, Ta Da, Sarah who will be teaching in Oakland Ca. in September(check her blog for details) has asked me to go along. I am smiling all over-Stitches West!!!!!!!! And with a true knitter.
I also got the word I am on Raverly. Not sure what I will do with it yet.
Having a little lie down now-we got up at 5am to take Caitlin to the Airport and there is usually only one 5 o'clock on my clock and that ends in PM not AM!!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Oh! Add me as a friend. I'm knitterbunny there too. :)

7:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad your going with Sarah, it will be a blast for both of you.

7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home