Monday, November 27, 2006

Hello knitters,
Hope all had a great Thanksgiving Weekend!! I had the family home (except for the South Carolina branch) and we ate turkey and pie with all the trimmings. So much for my 19 lb weight loss!!
On Saturday, I took the Dragon Shawl workshop by Sharon Winesauer at Rae's Yarn Boutique. Wow--it is quite a lace project and I heard that there is even a blog devoted to knitting the shawl which extends to many foreign countries. I need to work my practice graphs a few more times before I feel confident enough to even begin to try it. For those of you who haven't seen the picture go to Raesyarnboutique.com for a look see.
I have really enjoyed the Guild Meetings. November's was a chance for anyone with a business to set up a table and sell to the group. Nancy from Woven Arts was there and I purchased a skein (a very tiny skein) of Quivek. That is yarn spun from Musk Ox. Since Musk Oxen love the frigid weather(they like 40 below) it is very warm!!!!!!! It is also very expensive---shh, $60.00!! I have enough (215 yards or so) to make small handwarmers of a short lacy scarf.
I also got a few more cards from Erin-thanks to her home workshop I now have enough Christmas cards for the season. She also had a cute Christmas card with stitch markers as the decorations on a tree. Great idea for a present so I ordered two.
Lynn had handdyed yarn and handdyed socks, Rae had cute tiny wood sock blocker kits that make a darling keychain-also a great gift idea and others had yarn, roving and ideas so it was a great evening.
I finished the "tempting" sweater for my Granddaughter in purple DB Cashmireno Aran from the Yarn Garden and now am whipping up a ruffled shrug for my daughter from a Phonex Bess pattern. She has very trendy, young looking patterns. She has a website(phoenixbess.com) or see her patterns on Dreamweaversyarn.com.
I also have one necklace (tilletomas beaded yarn) done and one started which I have MagKnit clasps for and even have some of my shopping done. I expect the "real life" problems to surface anyday now with a resounding crash-throwing me into chaos since things have been going so smoothly.

2 Comments:

Blogger KnitterBunny said...

my my, weren't you just the little shopper? :)

11:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Pat, welcome to the knitblog world. I'll put a link to you on the MMKG site too. See you soon somewhere, I'm sure. :)

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home