Thursday, November 30, 2006

This has been the wettest and worst November I can remember. Tonight is "Ladies Night" at our Jewelry store(Carl V. Reck's in Charlotte-ok a shameless plug) and we serve champagne and homemade chocolates to ladies coming in to make out their wish lists. Last year it was standing room only out into the street, but this year we are expecting freezing rain and snow........... guess we will find out how bad women want free champagne and chocolates-and jewelry!! I am also heading for Chicago on my annual bus trip with a Kalamazoo friend on Saturday. I hope-the snow is supposed to be heavy here and that means tons more in Kazoo and Chicago(good old Lake Michigan loves to dump both places) so who knows???
The shrug for my daughter is almost done-the Nashua from the Yarn Garden is knitting up beautiful. I like it so much I may make Mel(daughter-in-law) one also,even though I have her shooping done.I also need to make a beaded purse for my neice Rachel but am waiting on a #3 12" circular needle to arrive.
Check out Erin Jerick's blog for cute Christmas gift ideas(the card with the tree,decorated with stitch markers is a great idea for your knitting friends)and Sarah Peasley's blog has some great ideas too. I have some of Susie's sock yarn and it is beautiful stuff-her colorways are to die for and you get a free beaded stitch marker with each skein--great gifts if you can bear to part with them. Also check out the picture of Kristi picking up the knitted gifts. She will be overwhelmed with the generosity of the knitting community!! Great job knitters!!!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Pat - thanks for the plug! I have your cards partly done but still have to do the stitch marker ones. I'll get them to you ASAP, but not tonight because of knitting class at Threadbear.

12:07 PM  
Blogger KnitterBunny said...

It's just now starting to snow here in West Lafayette. I'm really glad that I hiked up to Michigan last weekend instead of this one.

6:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey!!! When were you planning on having an open house???!!!! Welcome to the blogworld my friend ;)

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home