Saturday, January 13, 2007

Hello Knitters,
Hope your January is going well-the weather has been such a departure from the norm-I keep waiting for the BOOM to be lowered on us!
I have been keeping busy working at Community Education and Aquatic Center for the schools. It is so fun to sub there-great group of people. Although, it does cut heavily into my knitting time!
I have my father's shawl collar vest(Meg's pattern from her Handknitting book) ready to cut the steeks!! Do you think they intentionally had the word steek rhyme with EKK??!! I have also been working on several mobeiuses(sp?) using Cat's method-although I did find a different method to cast on which I have yet to try. I used cashmere for the small version and am now doing a couple larger versions which I hope will be shawl like-it is hard to tell till you remove them from the needles.
I am taking a Thrummed sock class from Rae at Rae's Yarn Boutique. They look like they will be really warm!! I am using an Artyarn from her and some of her cashmere roving for the thrumms-are you getting the idea I like cashmere?? Rae herself will be meeting Cat as she is going to Cat's island(off Seattle) for a workshop on doing a knitting book. Rae is already publishing a few of her own patterns and is in the new SWTC book of Hats.
I met Susie Grogran from Grayling (she dyes sock yarn and sells it on her blog(perchance to dream) at Threadbare on Sunday! What a nice lady with beautiful yarn. Some of her handdyed is for sale there and more to come. She also gives you a beautiful marker with each purchase.
I also bought some of Rae's new yarn-Sublime(75%fine merino-20%silk-5%cashmere) to whip up a small pair of ballerina booties and a ballerina wrap sweater for a friend whose daughter is having a baby soon. Patterns in The Little Sublime Hand Knit Book. This yarn is so soft!
Tonight Dan and I are going to Jeff Daniels at the Charlotte Performing Arts Center. I love him.As you know , he lives in Chelsea where he grew up so that he can keep his kids from the Hollywood excesses.
Next week it is off to Savannah, Ga. and Lady's Island ,S.C. for a convention and as a bonus to see my daughter,son-in-law and Granddaughter!! They will soon be moving to Quantico,Virginia as Ken will be a Drill Instructor for the Officer's Boot Camp which is located there. There is no joy over this(well,from me yes-it means closer to Michigan) as Ken had volunteered to head to Iraq but was stationed at Quantico instead. He is very disappointed(sense of duty big time) but with Bush(can you all now boo very loud please-He is an idiot!!) sending even more of our precious sons and daughters over there ,who knows, maybe Ken will get to go after all. I just hope they don't take Amanda! Then Dan and I would get Caitlin for a year at least-great for us, but horrible for ken, Amanda and Caitlin. I know they are Marines and we knew this could come when she joined-still I hate our country being involved in this senseless war that is looking more like VietNam every day.
Remember, Knitting first-housework never.
Pat

4 Comments:

Blogger Ewe-niss said...

You will have a great time tonight! Dave and I saw Jeff Daniels when he was at the Wharton. I have also caught him at a few other places and have both of his CDs. Enjoy!

12:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pat, I didn't realize that was you at Rae's on Friday!! I love my cashmere lined mittens...you'll enjoy the class. And I'm with you all the way on priorities. :)

3:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Susie's yarn--I bought some @ Kpixies once and then realized she's practically in our back yard!I'm excited to hear they have it at Threadbear. I might have to check it out. I saw Jeff Daniels @the Wharton Center a couple of years ago. I enjoyed his music and stories so much that I bought the CD. How's the new stuff?
HAve a safe trip!

10:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is really interesting, You're a very skilled blogger. I have joined your rss feed and look forward to seeking more of your fantastic post. Also, I've shared
your web site in my social networks!

Here is my webpage; Psn Code Generator

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home